- Nominating Committee: The Nominating Committee shall present the annual ballot of officers and Nominating Committee nominees to the membership in the February AAVP Newsletter. Members of this committee cannot serve consecutive terms. This committee shall consist of six (6) members elected by the membership for staggered, three-year terms. Five (5) nominees shall be presented to the membership for each election. The Nominating Committee's ballot shall be accompanied by biographical sketches of all nominees. Two (2) nominees receiving the most votes will be elected to the committee.
- Finance Committee: The Finance Committee shall audit the Association's financial records at the annual meeting. The Finance Committee shall consist of three (3) members appointed by the President for three-year, staggered terms.
- Program Committee: The Program Committee shall be responsible for planning and implementing the program to be presented at each annual meeting of the Association and all other programs sponsored by the Association. The chairperson will be the Vice President-elect of the Association and the vice-chairperson will be the Vice President of the Association. The committee members shall be appointed by the chairperson on an annual basis and shall consist of the number of members deemed appropriate by its chairperson.
- Outreach, Publications and Research Committee: The Outreach, Publications and Research (OP&R) Committee shall initiate new programs that will promote the Association and its members. It shall recommend these programs to the Executive Committee and develop and maintain relationships with other related societies, producer groups, and industry. The OP&R Committee shall continually evaluate the direction of research in veterinary parasitology and report to the membership on these directions. It shall also develop statements on areas the Association believes research emphasis is needed. The OP&R Committee shall also be responsible for developing, writing, and seeking publication for all scholarly documents and books sponsored by the Association for distribution to the membership. The OP&R Committee will arrange and supervise the independent expert review of such documents by two or more experts external to the OP&R Committee. The person serving in the management role will not be a co-author of the paper. If all members of the OP&R Committee are co-authors, then the Chair of the OP&R committee will assign the management responsibility to a person external to the Committee. Documents submitted by AAVP members without solicitation, for the endorsement or approval of AAVP, will be similarly reviewed. The OP&R Committee will recommend to the AAVP Executive Committee whether the publication or dissemination of a given document that has gone through the full review process shall be endorsed by AAVP. All such publications will be issued only after the approval of the Executive Committee.
- Education Committee: The Education Committee shall foster interchange between veterinary parasitologists and assist in any way the enhancement of teaching parasitology in general and veterinary parasitology in particular.
- Awards Committee: As appropriate, the Awards Committee shall recommend persons for honorary membership, and select individuals to receive the Association's Distinguished Veterinary Parasitologist award and other awards as deemed appropriate by the Association.
- Constitution/By-Laws Committee: The Constitution/By-Laws Committee shall be responsible for reviewing the Constitution and By-Laws on an annual basis and recommend changes to the Executive Committee.
- Electronic Media Committee: The Electronic Media (EM) Committee shall be responsible for providing material to update the AAVP social media accounts (e.g. Facebook and Twitter); a member of the EM Committee will be tasked with posting/updating the social media accounts for the organization. Social media posts can consist of interesting news articles, press releases, and AAVP announcements. All posted material should be in accordance with AAVP policies; the moderator will use discretion over postings. In addition, the EM Committee will assist with providing resources and content that can be posted on the AAVP website. The Editor and Assistant Editor of the Newsletter are named positions in the EM Committee. The Editor and Assistant Editor are responsible for the AAVP Newsletter, which shall be published electronically by the EM Committee, three (3) times a year on the AAVP website with a post-conference issue in the fall, a winter issue including candidates for elections and a pre-conference issue approximately one month before the annual conference.
- Student Committee: The Student Committee shall help to increase communication and the exchange of information, ideas and fellowship among all student members and the AAVP membership, and work to promote and foster attendance and participation of students at the annual AAVP meeting.